Treatment

• 36 replies
  • 79 subscribers

So here we are ready to start my first cycle of treatment.

Positive and apprehensive all in one, waiting for my transport to arrive to kick off the process.

Chemo and radiotherapy today so expecting a long day so packed a snack box and drinks to keep me going.

Thanks all for your support and for those new to the journey like me, let's get this thing gone, it will be a challenge but we can get through this xx

• Reading the extract you posted it looks like in your Integrated Care Board the GP is allowed to prescribe if the hospital advises that it is necessary.  

This variance is all down to the localising of healthcare to meet local needs.

I am lucky to have a great NHS dentist that takes my situation seriously.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • NHS Scotland....after extractions in Dental hospital I was advised of Duraphat (or generic version) importance to oral health and that I should have it on prescription...GP was unhappy at prescribing.... I called my CNS ....shortly afterwards the issue was resolved.

Peter

• Hi Bridget. I also can mail you a tube I’ve a fabulous dentist who prescribes for me no issues.send me a friend request then you can send me your address we’re away soon so if you want a tube let me know before weekend. 

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• I am lucky to have a great NHS dentist that takes my situation seriously.

Thank you Peter. No access to nhs dentist here in wales. Luckily I have a good GP practice but it’s those that have neither I am trying to help. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Reading these exchanges makes me appreciate how fortunate I am with my GP surgery up here in the East Riding who have not questioned anything I’ve needed during and subsequent to treatment.

i am told that it is possible to buy Duraphat or a generic from some online pharmacies…an expensive hobby, but probably cheaper in extremis than a private prescription.  Not really the point though.  Surely policy on this sort of thing should be consistent across the board and individual areas should not be allowed to declare some form of UDI.  

Really appreciate what you are doing.  Your blog is a fascinating read.  I’m going to try the auricular acupuncture you covered .  Without the blog I would not have realised this could potentially help. Anything which might alleviatethe dry mouth issue has to be worth a shot. Thank you.

• Hi Liz. Thank you 

We all try to help each other. The medics can only do so much. 
    The duraphat thing is an issue that various groups are trying to address. More info soon I hope. 
    Thanks too for reading my ramblings. I hope they help and let us know how the acupuncture goes. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge