Panedoscopy phlegm in back of throat

• 3 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all you lovely people,

I had a Panedoscopy on Thursday with 6 biopsies taken. I was told by my consultant that it would be very painful after, he was correct on that front.

I've had this phlegm sitting on the back of my throat that I can't shift and its making me feel nauseous. I don't want to start hawking to try and shift it as everything is tender, swollen and bruised, I've been gargling with warm salt water which helps, strepsils and ice-cream is my saviour at the moment as well as dissolvable Panadol as swallowing tablets is agony. Did anyone experience this problem.

Sarah 

• Hi yes it’s not unusual kerp taking the pain killers snd gargle with warm salt water. Well done if you can manage strepsil. You can gargle with soluble asprin just remember to spit it out as you’re oN painkillers don’t want you romswallow the asprin.  Yiu can try sifhlam from chemist. Soda water is pretty good at getting rid of the mucus or Diet Coke. 

Hope you get results soon. 

Hazel

x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Thankyou Hazel, Im glad it's normal. I will try fizzy drinks and see if that shifts it. 

I feel like I have had twenty rounds with Tyson Fury as my face and tongue areas are swollen and very bruised xx

• I've had this phlegm sitting on the back of my throat that I can't shift and its making me feel nauseous.

Try what Hazel suggests and ask your GP for prescription cocodomol. Meanwhile sipping lots of liquid will help it along maybe better than gargling. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge