coming off Dulcolax..

• 8 replies
  • 71 subscribers

ATM I'm taking 5ml of sodium picosulphate (dulcolax).. do I need to come off slowly, say, every other day, or will I be ok to just knock the one 5ml spoonful on the head, now that I'm no longer taking morphine..

• Ok to just stop but make sure you have some fibre in your diet. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • ok, I shall give it a go.. Thumbsup

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• thinking of high fibre foods.. NUTS!!.. nothing personal, just wondering whether almonds, etc would be ok after the trauma our teeth and jaws have been through.. or are they on the 'wishful thinking ' list? 

Loz (61)

• You can try but for me they dried my mouth out and found them difficult to swallow. 
    Bananas oats and avocado are high in natural fibre. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Good evening BeauChapeau, i would suggest you come off it slowly to see how you manage by reducing the dosage, you can always go back to the recommended dosage if needed, All the best.

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• I've been taking half the dosage for a while now, just been waiting for morphine to clear my system and withdrawal symptoms to subside.. I now feel that I'm ready to take the next step..

Loz (61)

• Hi Loz

I drink Fortisip with fibre (not just plain Fortisip)  eat weet bix with pureed fruit every morning and add extra steamed veg into my meals (pureed). I have found that I have no problem with constipation even though my diet is pureed. If I do have a hiccup I have some Movicol in the cupboard ready to go but have not had to use it in ages. You definitely have to think fibre in your diet. Maybe with the nuts try crushing them down in a blender/Nutribullet and adding them into moist food. Soup with lots of veg added works well for extra fibre as well.

Lyn

Sophie66

• It sounds as if you doing the sensible thing as withdrawl symptoms can be very uncomfortable and hard to control, hope this next step goes well for you, well done. 

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge