Removed mouth cyst

• 19 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Really worried went 3 weeks ago an had a small mouth cyst removed from roof of mouth.

i was told that it’s routine to biopsy the cyst and a nurse will call in 6-8 weeks I said that’s a long time I was then told as we don’t suspect anything wrong that is the waiting time.

anyway as time went by and my soon is getting married in Thailand on the 4 th June so I called on Thursday to the secretary explained my situation and asked if my results are back. She replied no. Well the next day I received a text letter say you have been referred by you doctor to attend this appointment. This appointment only talks about a referral nothing else. It is exactly the same letter I received when I was referred the first time. I am really worried can’t sleep as I was told at my cyst removal someone will call in 8 weeks. Also if this is something very important why is the appointment in 5 weeks. Can anyone give me advice please xx

• Just wondering if it was something sinister surly they would tell me earlier xx

You would have thought so. It actually depends if the biopsy has been processed even. It takes a day to do and report a biopsy. It’s where it is the queue that matters. I’m afraid it’s just waiting. I know it’s horrid. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I honestly thought it did not matter if it was positive or negative as i have never waited more than two weeks, maybe times have changed since 2010. I think its wrong for someone to wait this long for results. 

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• I hope this is the case ME me , you should not be waiting this long, i can only go on my personal experiences of having biopsies. If it were me i would not be happy especially if its your first time dealing with cancer. Take care.

Chris x

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much for your kind response xx

• I honestly thought it did not matter if it was positive or negative as i have never waited more than two weeks, maybe times have changed since 2010. I think its wrong for someone to wait this long for results. 

That’s because your clinician suspected cancer so the biopsy was marked as urgent. If the surgeon thinks there is little chance that the sample shows malignancy it goes into a queue. Like I said, my leg lesion was considered benign and took eight weeks. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you Dani,I just think I’m worried because I was told a nurse would contact me within 6-8, I received a letter after 3 weeks saying you have an appointment in 5 weeks to see the consultant. I thought why would the consultant want to see me x

• . I thought why would the consultant want to see me x

I’m sure this is a standard admin letter. Ring your consultants secretary not the appointments office. 
    Are you registered with the nhs patients portal?  If you are your results may be there if the biopsy has been examined already. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you Dani, I will call first thing Tuesday, God bless x

• You are welcome, please feel free to re-post if you need more help and advice or just for an update. Good luck.

Chris x

Community Champion Badge