About to start treatment for neck lymph node

• 14 replies
  • 76 subscribers

6 weeks of radiotherapy and 6x chemo anyone going thru the same for a chat and advice 

recovery time and food plan would be helpful if anybody knows anything cheers

• I was really lucky with my oncologist as he saw me most weeks.  I think it was because I pushed back at him at the start of treatment about the chemo and wanted proper explanations.  After the initial stand off we engaged really well and he specifically asked me each time what was good and what was bad and took on board the issues so much s that he was emailing me about them!  So, I think he was the exception and wanting to learn.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • My husband also sees his oncologist every week and a nurse every Friday too. We are very lucky. She is absolutely amazing and spends so much time listening to my husband and his concerns. 

• I can only say that you never know what to expect.. I'd have been at a total loss if it wasn't for my peg.. as much as I hated it.. it has been said before, but you do need to take it a day at a time if the road gets rough.. your journey will be different to everyone else, but don't hold back asking for help if things get tough.. your team will get you through. 

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Hi Tricky 

T2N1M0 Tonsil cancer HPV16+ finished chemoradio June 2023.

Tough gig but manageable.... different patients have different recovery journeys.... good days and not so good days.... but definitely light at the end of the tunnel....PEG feeding tube certainly helped my recovery.

Loss of taste and appetite is challenging for many... but it does return in time.

Keep posting.... this is a wonderful forum....lots of sound advice and support.... most of us have walked the treatment walk.

Take care and best of luck 

Peter