Post treatment

• 11 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Good morning guys and dolls.

Haven't posted in a while, so thought I would give an update!

Well 16 weeks post treatment!!! 

It's  been a hard slog, but I did it!!

First 2 weeks after treatment was horrendous,  my mouth and throat were so sore, so was thankful i had my peg, to get the fortisip drinks in!! The oramorph made me feel so sick,, so i battled on with just paracetamol. 

Week 3 it started to get better, was scared to eat at first,  so started of with yoghurts and custard! 

Dry mouth is still not good and have to drink lots of water when eating. This morning i have just ate 2 sausages  2 hash browns and some sautéed mushrooms Mushroom

,  Most mornings i have melon Melon grapes Grapes and yoghurt.

Eating is getting better, still struggle with some foods, especially spicy foods,  thats a no go at the mo.

I had my scan on 1st July and i get my results 1st August, consultant had a look with camera on 30th of june and said it's looking good still a bit of swelling and scar tissue but he couldn't see any tumour!!!! Grin

i have lost about 2 stone, but seems to be stable now.

Take care guys will update Monday when get results.

Tracey xx

• Hi like others have said it’s early days I slept a lot the first few weeks whilst trying to eat drink and risk hygiene. As Dani says often week  6 can be a turning point. But we are all different just let her listen to her body it’s a marathon not a sprint. I didn’t have a peg but had a n g tube we used micropore tape to keep the tube on my face so try that. 
    Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help