Now an inpatient :(

• 8 replies
  • 69 subscribers

I felt dreadful yesterday, unable to stay awake yet feeling really sick. Unable to keep anything down at all and very very dehydrated. We decided to come down to the hospital in Málaga to see if they would put an NG in but they’ve kept me instead! I’m on a drip for fluids and waiting for IV antibiotics for an abscess in my upper lip, possibly caused by a tiny scratch inside my nostril. Gotta love a low blood count! They are talking about inserting a peg rather than an NG, they are just waiting to liaise with the radiotherapy consultant. Not sure either if I’ll be able to get the mask on my parrot face for radiotherapy that should be due tonight. 

• Oh Khrys OUCH. 
    At least you are in a good place to be treated properly I’m sure they will take good care of you. Fingers crossed you’re home soon xxx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Oh no Khrys st least you’re in the right place kerp us in loop when you can 

hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• IV antibiotics continue, the swelling is slowly resolving. My phone still recognises me so I can’t be too grotesque! Peg was inserted last night, yet another level of torture for me. At least I won’t need to worry about nutrition anymore. I’ve already lost 14 kilos and feel ridiculously weak. The stringy saliva continues and I know now why you all recommend flat coke - it’s the only thing that disguises the taste of it! They managed to do my radiotherapy on Monday night, they cut a hole between my mouth and nose and were so gentle fitting the mask, but yesterday the machine broke (am I due any luck at all?!) and I’m waiting to see if I can go today. Keep smiling, as they say!

• Hi one day at a time. A day or so makes no difference we all miss 2 days on weekends and if bank holidays sometimes 3 days. Keep on top of pain medication I didn’t have a peg but understand from.  others the first week csn ne uncomfortable. 
    dmsll comfort but at least being in hospital you’ve not had wasted journey down to Malaga. 
    every cloud etc. 

hugs Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• I’m home! Feeling a bit better and more positive today. Managing a little orally and using my peg. Just exhausted and resting as much as possible. Onward to week 3 of radiotherapy but dreading the next chemo. Hope everyone is ok and coping with treatment. We can do this!

• Hi Khrys 

So glad you’re home. Plod on. You’ll get there 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Khrys pleased you are home one day at a time you’ll get there. Speak to your team re chemo not all of us complete the entire course. I had 2 of a planned 3. Radiotherapy is the  main, chemo just makes the tumour more receptive to radio. 
    Week 3 was when I had n g tube fitted keep on top of painkillers my best advise. 
    Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

• Great to hear you are back home Khrys, now is the time to let the PEG take the strain so you can channel your recovery on getting through the treatment. I remember i suffered from fatigue during my treatment and even had trouble walking in the garden, i just rested my body as much as possible and often had a sleep during the day, if you take meds ask for them in liquid form so they can go through the PEG, great last four words and i totally agree. All the best,take care.

Chris 

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge