surgery to lymph glands in neck

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi, my husband is having his lymph nodes on one side of his neck removed on Monday. Has anyone else out there had this done? How long was the operation and do you have any tips for recovery? Thank you

• Hello Suziewoos

Welcome to the forum.

There are many of us on the forum who were diagnosed with base of tongue cancer or similar so plenty of advice and support is available here.

Good luck tomorrow with your meeting and I wish you all the best.

Linda 

• Hi Suzi wood,

Good luck for tomorrow. My hubby's primary hasn't been found, though they think base of tongue. He had massive lymph nodes on his right, which were removed a month ago, (9/51 contained cancer) and he found it much less painful that when he had his tonsils out. He started radiotherapy on Monday and had his first chemo yesterday. He's shattered, but it's all going as expected so far. Do a new post when you are ready, letting us know what you find out tomorrow - we will be thinking of you.

Nat x

Nat
  • Hello Suziewoos , just to wish you good luck for tomorrow , we will try and support you as we all have had similar issues, so please re-post if you have any concerns . Take care and good wishes .

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• HiSuzy

weldome romrhe xlub that nomine really wants to join. I am 6 month post radiotherapy for ight tonsil,cancer with 2 lynoh nodes. I have written a detailed blog qbou5 my journey

www.radioacriveraz,wordpress.com

inhad 35 radiotherapy sessions and 2 chemotherapy lay pet ctbscan in Januarybshowed at the moment I have no cancer cells in my body .the treatment is rough but if me a 61 year old female can do it anyine can.

anynquestiins just ask take someone with you to meetings as you don’t take it in whatbthe drs are saying .

keep in touch 

hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi natlhows things going saw that hubby has just started treatmentl

take care

hazel.

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• This thread is being marked for retention by the moderator, as some members are still finding this useful.