New here

• 3 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hi

I'm new to the group. Last year my dad was diagnosed with oesophagus cancer, he is 82 years old. Luckily, no symptoms as yet. But he has been given 12-18 months, which was devastating to hear.  Due to start immunotherapy and chemo soon, very worried about the side effects and quality of life once treatment begins.

It's very sad we are all on this group, but it's helpful reading all the posts and makes us feel less alone on this awful awful journey.

• Sorry you find yourself in this group.Everyone reacts differently to the chemo and immunotherapy so your husband may only have a few minor side effects from the treatment.Fingers crossed

• Hi Penny01

Sorry to read of your Dad's diagnosis, immunotherapy is a positive way forward in our experience, my husband was given a prognosis of 12 months with treatment, thankfully after a few months he was also shown to be HER2 positive which he had not been initially and started on an immunotherapy pathway which sees him still here today, all-be-it still having treatment.

Side effects are different from one person to another, some people have very little in the way of side effects so it is always best to wait and see how that goes.. I wish you Dad every success 

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Thank you Lowe.

It really does help hearing the positive outcomes.