CAPOX INFUSION

• 13 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Hi everyone,

My husband had 2nd cycle of chemo yesterday over 2 hours, is this the normal length of time, both times now he has had bad throat spasms, dizziness and other effects straight after, I think he needs it over a longer time.

Any thoughts please.

Angie

• Hi Lowe,

That's good to hear about the immunotherapy, they told my husband (Tony) he was HER2 negative at the beginning so immunotherapy wouldn't work but maybe that might change, he has had 2 cycles of CAPOX so far.

How is Dal doing? What treatment is he having now.

Yes me and my daughter are always researching the trials hoping something new will come out.

We can only pray Pray 

Angie x

• Hi Angie, 

Thanks for asking,  Dal is now on a new trial combination drug, which is Trastuzumab &  Deruxtecan also known as Enhertu..  MORE   he recently had his third treatment,  now on infusions every 3 weeks, he has had some bad reactions, including hair loss and being unwell.. I updated our blog on his journey so far.  

Good luck to Tony, these are tough times for everyone. 

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Hi Lowe,

Good to hear Dal is on a new drug, not good for him about the reactions.

I worry constantly what's going to happen for Tony after chemo without immunotherapy.

Good luck to us all and I pray every night for a miracle Pray

Angie