esophageal cancer

• 1 reply
  • 61 subscribers

I'm new to this site.  Have had chemo, radiation, surgery and on amino therapy now.  Still have severe reflux that wakes me up at night and lasts for hours.  Any suggestions on how to help?  I have an adjustable bed and sleep practically upright.  Don't get much sleep.  Exhausted all the time.  

• Hi and welcome to the site, I have had the 1st 2 but not surgery for the problem, I was put on anti acid/reflux tablets at the first point with my previous cancer treatment one each day but take further if needed I use Zoton FasTab 30mg but there is another cheaper version but it's like sucking cardboard, I was also supplied with another liquid one but sorry don't remember the name.

Your clinical nurses will help as there are many levels of oral help available, luckily I wsn't effected a lot but still take the Zoton due to having my voicebox removed and no barrier flap on my food pipe.

Others will most likely come on with further suggestions, but please don't be afraid to speak with the nurses they will have a cupboard full of various helps !

Take Care

Tony

Community Champion Badge

We will move mountains to help people with cancer live life as fully as they can.
    We'll do whatever it takes. For information, support or just someone to talk to,

call 0808 808 00 00 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk

Onwards and UpwardsWink Laryngectomy and OC survivor 

Lead Volunteer for Hampshire MacMillan Buddy Service