New Here

• 1 reply
  • 63 subscribers

Hi everyone.

Just joined the group. Have oesophageal cancer and just completed 3rd round of FLOT. Plan is 4 rounds CT scan then surgery to remove oesophagus and part of stomach. If all gone well.

The chemo side effects have, whilst numerous all been bearable and my hair loss is rather cool. Lol  Remember Brad Pitt in Fight club ? Well I look like his dog !

Have just developed Palmer Planters which to be fair is a real pain as no longer very mobile and struggling for exercise which really has helped me over the last 6 weeks

Really just wanted to thank all who post as I have found, most to be motivational and informative  which at most times I have found difficult for myself and equally for my amazing wife and family.

Wishing the best of everything to everyone on their respective journeys

• Hi BelieverAml

Welcome to the forum, and for making taking the time to share some of your journey with us. 

I do hope that the treatment is effective enough for the surgery to take place, it certainly seems as if you have been able to manage any side effects.  The team at Macmillan are available to chat to if you ever feel that there is something on your mind that might only be able to be shared with professionals. 

I do wish you every success going forwards and I hope you will continue to share some of your experiences with the rest of us here. 

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!