Newly diagnosed

• 3 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hello 

After what seems like a lifetime of waiting for an actual confirmation diagnosis I was finally told yesterday that I have inoperable oesophageal cancer. The doctor that did the camera procedure pretty much said it was 2 weeks ago which turned me into an absolute mess. Yesterday I was totally different I felt calm, the anxiety lifted and now I just don’t know what to feel. 

Deborah 

• Hello Deborah

We never know how we will react to what life throws at us until it actually happens do we? It’s good that you felt calmer but you might get delayed shock so don’t be surprised if you crumble, especially after a long wait.

I know you have been told the OC is inoperable, have you been told why?  Please ask questions, you need to get all the information you can so that, if you want a second opinion, you are prepared.

Take care.

J x

• Hello Debbielou

Welcome to the forum and thank you for reaching out here, we are a friendly bunch and we have all had different experiences, I am hoping you will by now have a better idea of what you are feeling since you were told last week of your inoperable OC.

J has already asked with regards to why it is inoperable, I too wonder the same...

My husband has inoperable OC, but that only means that they can not get to it internally, but they have done really well getting to it by administering medication that has continued to eradicate the cancer cells and shrink the tumours..

Has anyone mentioned treatment for you, next steps.

There is a great deal of support and literature on this website, I hope you will come back and let us know how you are getting on

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Hi J

I wasn’t told why it was in operable just that it was by the doctor that gave me the diagnosis. It is 6cm so probably too big?? I just don’t know…

I have another appointment soon to discuss what treatment I will be offered etc. 

Everything is just confusing at the moment. I have a note book which I’m constantly writing questions in that I have to ask.

Im sorry if I sound a little ditsy my head is just all over the place.

Deb x