CT scan confusion

• 4 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi I’m bit confused,

My scan in April mentioned that the node on my liver and the gastro lymph node have both reduced in size and also significant regression of the gastro oesophageal junction tumour seen.

The results I received this time from my July ct scan mention the liver node, reducing again as well as the gastro lymph node but there is no mention anywhere about a gastro oesophageal tumour in the report, which is a bit confusing. Not seeing my oncologist till 24th September 

Many thanks for any advice/ help

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Tigerstog. I would think from what you have said is there is no change in the tumour, to be sure why not give the GI nurse team a call and they may be able to explain it to you. Take care of yourself.

Steph

• Hi,

that’s what you would think, but it hasn’t been reported on at all. It’s been reported as a fresh scan and not a comparison. So that’s what’s strange no mention of the original tumour. My oncology nurses are always hard to get hold off. 

• My husband tings the nurses and leaves a message and they always get back to him, normally the same day, please try them for your own peace of mind.