Radiotherapy

• 2 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi all,

Tony my husband had first radiotherapy session yesterday, it went well, he didn't feel anything so one down nine to go.

I just pray it works to shrink the tumour to allievate the unbearable back pain he is suffering.

Things were going so well when he had chemo but since finishing in July we are back on the downward slide again, the back pain has got worse and the last couple of weeks food has become a issue again, he is struggling to keep most things down again and he is back to soft foods, all the weight he gained he has now lost again and we seem to be back to the point before chemo.

This cancer just keeps on giving and I hate to see him in so much pain.

We just have to hope radiotherapy works or it will probably be on to the next treatment.

Keep strong to everyone fighting this awful disease.

Dean - you are doing so well keep fighting Muscle

Vonn - Andy has done marvellous and I hope his recovery continues

Amanda - You are an inspiration and I am so pleased you are well

Take care to all

Angie xx

• sending some hugs your way for now. HuggingHugging

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hi A1072

I am sorry to hear how your Husband is suffering with the OS cancer, I had it 2 years ago and am at present in remission I had 12 rounds of Chemo and 35 Radiotherapy sessions. To begin with I flew through the sessions and continued to work and eat near normally I had a problem that mine was quite high up and I had had 2 years earlier had a Laryngectomy so I am a neck breather, the RT burnt my airway and it wasn’t pleasant so I got to see the damage RT does most people don’t see what it’s doing to the other parts of the body.

First if he is having problems eating then speak with the Nutritionists/Food Police I called them !they can get him some supplement food he will be needing soft foods anyway. Be warned I lost over 12kg during my treatment so expect him to lose weight

It’s not going to be easy for either him or you but please bear with it hopefully he will be right in the end, don’t forget we have a helpline number and various other support services but mainly talk to the Radiologists, if they are as good as mine they will want to know any problems, he should also speak with the Oncologist or his Lead Nurse, I suggest that you both write a diary so when you meet medical teams you have notes of what’s happening it is so easy to forget to mention a vital bit of information.

I do hope all goes well for him and both of you take care

Tony -yes it is my name!

Community Champion Badge

We will move mountains to help people with cancer live life as fully as they can.
    We'll do whatever it takes. For information, support or just someone to talk to,

call 0808 808 00 00 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk

Onwards and UpwardsWink Laryngectomy and OC survivor 

Lead Volunteer for Hampshire MacMillan Buddy Service