Post FLOT

• 7 replies
  • 47 subscribers
  1.  I'm very anxious at the moment and wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. I've had FLOT Chemo, then surgery, then another round of FLOT which finished four weeks ago. 

My worry is that for six weeks Ive had swollen glands in my throat and my GP says she can feel others further down my neck. I often have a sensation of something I can't swallow in my throat.

By phone my oncologist says it's probably an upper respiratory infection, but I'm not convinced and am scared the cancer is back. I had lymph node spread at the time of surgery so my imagination is going mad. 

I have an appointment at oncology next week but think I'll be a wreck till then 

• Hi  

Although I'm not a member of this forum, I do understand how worrying it is to have symptoms which may mean your cancer has returned.

Replying to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list and hopefully members of the forum will pop on and share their experiences with you. 

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I know it's easier said than done, but while you're waiting for your oncologist appointment this week try to distract yourself with things you enjoy doing and remember that no amount of worrying will change the outcome but it will ruin the present.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Mburn

I am sorry that you have not had more responses to this post, have you had any further information from your treatment team?

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Hi. I'm not much further forward. I've seen the oncologist who said he can't say it is cancer but can't say it's not. I've got a scan booked for next week, so things are moving, just not fast enough for my peace of mind 

• So currently they are unsure if there is any spread/returned, and the scan will give them more information, and although this is an extremely anxious time for you, it is a good thing that they have the scan booked in.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope that it was just an infection that they can manage for you. 

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • So sorry that you're back on the roller coaster of waiting and wondering. It is awful. My first scan after treatment had finished showed lymph nodes that were a bit swollen.  I was quite shaken. The next scan showed that it was my body's response to covid as the lymph nodes had gone down by the second scan.  I was a wreck though so I really to sympathise. I think all you can do is try to keep busy so you're not constantly worrying. I'm really hoping for you that it's a reaction to treatment or some other infection that's passed now. 

Please take care and let us know how you get on. Sending positive vibes.

• Thank you, I am trying to be positive and carry on as usual. It's just the time it all takes that gets me down sometimes,

I'm glad it worked out well for you. 

• I hear you...the anxiety while you wait is truly horrible.  I feel for you.