Liver level raised

• 3 replies
  • 39 subscribers

My wife was due to start her 2nd cycle of chemo today but the blood test she had yesterday showed that liver was raised from 40 (pre 1st cycle) to 140.They didn't seem to know why and did not proceed with the chemo today.She has further blood tests next week to see if it has gone down.Anyone had this or can offer any insight? Tnks

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm sure some forum members will be along soon to share their experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Kaya86

The team will not add additional stress to your Wife's Liver by adding a chemo drug to her system, the Liver is such an important organ that has the ability to repair itself, it may be that there is an infection that needs to clear before Chemo can be offered, her oncology team should be able to offer you more advise.

Hopefully her next treatment will be offered soon. 

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!