Has anyone had chemo delayed due to high temperature

• 8 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi all, my Husband had his chemo cancelled due to a high temperature on Friday. The nurse said he would either have IV antibiotics or oral to take home. Unfortunately the Doctor disagreed and he was discharged. 

By Saturday morning he had an awful productive cough and temperature so we had to go back to the Hospital. He had IV and came home with oral antibiotics and lower respiratory infection was diagnosed.

He was told to call the chemo unit today but sadly they never called to reply to his answerphone message.

We're completely in the dark as to when he can now have his 3rd FLOT and wondered if anyone has had this happen and what the time frame was to restart?

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your husband has been poorly recently and that this has meant that his chemo has been cancelled. I'm hoping that you've since managed to speak to the chemo unit to find out when his next infusion will be.

I'm not a member of this group but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much. I will update the profile now

• Hi Jaxster, 

Did you Husband receive his third treatment?

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • HI,

They wouldn't let him have it done for another 2 weeks so it's now tomorrow. His swallowing had improved but has now deteriorated again Sob

• Tomorrow after treatment there may be another improvement, the delay would have had some bearing on the deterioration,  but hopefully once regular treatments are in place, the swallowing will greatly improve.

Best of Luck

Lowe'

• Thank you so much, we're keeping everything crossed x

• Hi Jaxster,

How is you husband coping after his treatment?

Lowe'

• Hi, he's struggling with fatigue and has lost his taste so everything tastes awful. He falls asleep around 7pm and then is such an effort to get up in the mornings but he's a trooper and takes the dogs out for long walks to keep up his fitness and keeping everything crossed the surgery can go ahead x