Oesophageal cancer

• 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

My husband has stage 4 cancer and was diagnosed just under 2 years ago. Recently he went through radiotherapy and suffered a stroke. 3 weeks ago he had a heart attack. I felt I was managing my anxiety but now I find I’m worried most days. I’ve been off work to look after him but I’m finding it hard to meet up with friends for a coffee, etc. Hoping if he picks up it will get better. 

Evelyn

• Hi Evelyn

Thank you for reaching out. You've got a lot on your plate and it's understandable that you're worried. You're not alone, there are lots of lovely people on this forum to support you.

I can understand how finding time for a coffee with your friends is hard; could they come to you, maybe even for a doorstep chat? My friends did that for me when I was ill and they couldn't come in the house due to covid (this was in 2021). I found a 10 mins chat at the front door was wonderful. Are you good with technology, could you video call your friends? It would be good if you had some support too. 

Please keep in touch, keep messaging on here, share your anxieties with us. 

Take care,

Amanda 

• Hi thanx for this. I think it’s going to take me a while to be able to leave him….. my friends can come up. Think I need to try and get out a bit more for my own mental health x

• Please find some time to look after yourself PrayHeart