Radiotherapy

• 2 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi there. I have incurable OC . I have a stent which made things easier at first but swallowing has become more difficult again. The oncologist has booked me 10 sessions of radiotherapy and I was wondering if anyone else had experience of this and can tell me what to expect or maybe tips on coping. Thanks. 

• Nan

I am just going to bump your post up, because I know that others on here have had radiotherapy treatment for their OC and by bumping this post up, I am hoping you may get more responses. 

Good Luck 

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!
  • Hi Nan

I have had both Chemo and RT, the chemo seemed to improve the swallowing and the RT was the one that caused me problems not so much the swallowing but other issues, it has in fact they tell me may have effected my swallowing as I have swallowed food OK prior, during and after-still ok but not as good as it was, so next week I am having an endoscomy check to see if everything is ok.

Rt is a trawl it's more the daily trips and all the waiting but hope all goes well for you

Take care

Tony

Community Champion Badge

We will move mountains to help people with cancer live life as fully as they can.
    We'll do whatever it takes. For information, support or just someone to talk to,

call 0808 808 00 00 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk

Onwards and UpwardsWink Laryngectomy and OC survivor 

Lead Volunteer for Hampshire MacMillan Buddy Service