Radiotherapy after surgery

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

Hi,

My husband's oesophagus removal surgery wasn't able to remove the entire bed of the stage 4 tumour he was diagnosed with and his consultants have recommended that he now has radiotherapy starting 8 weeks or so after the surgery. It isn't an evidence based treatment as they said there aren't many patients who require this following surgery, so they don't have the data. He's in his mid 30s so I appreciate they're trying to throw all possible treatments at him. I just wondered if anyone here is one of the few who have had or been recommended this treatment following surgery to remove the oesophagus. 

• HI R903

I am sorry to read that the surgery was only partially successful, and that your Husband who is in his mid 30's has a OC diagnosis:

Like your last post, I would like to bump this post up in the hope that someone else who may have some experience may be able to respond. 

I do wish your husband all the best with the treatments and if he needs any further support or advice please call the Macmillan hotline on the number in my Signature

Lowe'

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.
    Tomorrow is not promised but it always has potential. Aim for your potential!