Hi..My husband has just started his journey

• 11 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi everyone.  My husband has just started his journey and has today gone for his Laparoscopy.  He,s had an endoscopy, CT scan, PET scan, lung and heart function tests.  His tumour is just above the junction to his stomach.  He was told that he would have four rounds of chemo before a 6-7 hour surgery then another four rounds of chemo after.  Thats the plan anyhow.  They are doing another endoscopy today and also fitting a feeding tube into his bowel today which he was hoping they wouldnt have to as yet.  He has been managing very soft foods but his eating has gone downhill this week so I am glad they are fitting a tube. I read all the comments etc on here and feel for everyone who is somewhere along this journey.  So many positive outcomes too which is encouraging.  Keep positive everyone….this site is so helpful….

• Peterjh…Thank you for your reply.  you must be so pleased to have come to the end of all the treatment and to get your life back to a new normal!  I hope the CT scan and follow up goes well….Its a long journey isnt it.  Hubby is on day four after his first round.  Nausea and sheer tiredness was a problem for a day or two.  Ended up in hospital early this morning after his body temp dropping really low.  They gave him IV antibiotics and sent him home.  But on a plus side he has managed to eat a weetabix saturated in milk…the first resemblance of solid food for weeks…Without getting ahead of ourselves could this be a small shrinkage of the tumour already???  he,s finding the fortisips are making him sick now so cannot face these anymore…oh well….we carry on…better days ahead I hope like you experienced in the second week….Take care and good luck!