Getting the op

• 51 replies
  • 40 subscribers

My husband has been told he is having the operation anyone else share what this entails

• Keep plugging away, it will be worth it. I know what you mean about the full fat but I also juiced every day - a whole head of broccoli, a carrot and a large orange - I felt it helped to give a bit of balance and it gave good nourishment. I think Sean needs to pace himself on the surgery info, a ‘need to know’ basis sounds best. J x

• we were at the hospital yesterday he is having 3 months of chemo before the op anyone else going through this ?

• Hi Stalis, yes my husband is having FLOT chemo for 8 weeks, then 8 weeks recovery, surgery, recovery & another 8 weeks of FLOT chemo. We were originally told 8-12 weeks but it will be 8 xxx

• hi how is he dealing with the chemo its so scary 

• Because is eating is so bad & he’s struggles even with soup sometimes we are longing for chemo to start as we’ve heard that after the first round your ability to eat gets better & by round 3 you should be eating normal foods just in much smaller quantities. It’s hard to imagine things will physically get worse than they are now as I feel he’s wasting away in front of me but there is so many positive stories on here that I’m longing to one day be able to share my positive story with someone who’s unfortunately in this position. How are you doing? It’s tough being the supporting person xxxx

• Yes presently on Flot, not enjoying it much but not as bad as I was expecting.   Two more sessions to go then we shall see.   Op expected early in the new year

• hi i am struggling so much it is horrible and hard to be strong nice to have other people to talk too the doctors seem positive but it going to be a long road xx

• hi do you have any side effects

• Yes some of those expected one other I am not sure about and waiting to talk with the Doctor.  I am tied to a feeding pump 12 hours a day. I think the tumour is shrinking a bit which will allow me to eat some food normally. During this time I am producing copious amounts of salivar which I have to spit out.  I can't find any reference to this side effect.   Strangely it stops when I go to ber

• How long have you been waiting for chemotherapy