Mean question to carers

• 12 replies
  • 26 subscribers

A mean question to all carers

I am not sure if it’s right or wrong to ask such question when husband is going through this dreadful disease. How many of you, as carers have managed to continue with full time job and for how long especially when husband/partner/parent are struggling with mobility, mental and congnitive abilities are impacted. 

• Hugs to you and your boys Sunflower73. I can totally understand what you are going through. You can’t even work from home unlike some of us. Please take care of yourself. Hope you are a managing to take some time for yourself. 

• I was working full time as a barmaid at the time of my mums diagnosis. She was diagnosed in April 2022 and so I balanced full time work with full time care (8am-4pm caring, 5pm-1am working) until the following March 2023. I was exhausted, ballooning in weight despite barely eating and hating my job. I ended up stress quitting in March 2023 and at the same time my mums health began to decline. As much as I stressed about the big drop in income, the switchover to benefits etc - the time I’ve been able to spend with her has been invaluable and we have managed to make it work financially