Mum diagnosed with gallbladder cancer

• 14 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I recently found out my lovely mam has been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer. 

I was just hoping that someone can share their experiences with me, maybe what I can expect over the next couple of weeks, whether or not it sounds like a later stage cancer and therefore what the treatments may be. I want to prepare myself so that if I hear the worst news from my mam, I can be strong for her. I feel like this will give me abit of a heads up on maybe what is coming for us as a family.

Thanks so much! 

• Sounds like you are one of the "lucky" ones.  You are the first I have read who has been able to have anything  removed.

Despite only 3 lymph nodes showing enlargement, because they couldn't  identify the primary source and one lymph node is wrapped around my peri aorta, I was classed as inoperable and  stage 4.

But I am now about to start cycle 6 of Immunotherapy and chemo, which has got harder to cope with at each cycle, I am still positive that with everything else I am trying to do to beat this, I will pass their expections (didn't ask, don't want to know prognosis ) not thwt I am an ostrich but everyone is different and responds differently to drugs,  and mindset has an enormous roll to play.

Stay as positive as you are now  and when faced with the side effects and bad days...   focus on the fact they will pass.

I get the results of a CT which was done after cycle 4 next week, so fingers crossed it shows things have at a minimum slowed down.

I take one day at a time, living with it, not dying from it.  Wishing you all the best

• Thanks it's fingers crossed for everyone and will know more after the MRCP scan. At the moment all the bloods they have taken are in the green band. I am under Manchester Royal Hospital who have their MyMRI app where every test letter message is logged for me with a notification email.

It's a hard time and as you say trying to stay positive is the best way but can be hard at times. The not knowing is the hardest part.

You take care and will keep all posted, you too stay positive 

• Hi I've not been on this in a while how is your mum doing? X

•    hi I got an email with your reply but I can't find it on the thread? Not sure if it was an old message. Hope you are well. X