We had doctor yesterday.

• 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi everyone.

I know this forum isn't very active but I'm going to keep posting anyway.

My mum has now been told the cancer has spread to liver, not a huge amount but it's spread. She will not be getting any any treatment as she is frail, has heart trouble and COPD. They want to her to live what life she has left, we still aren't sure. More than a few months they said so we will see. ATM she has chronic diarrhoea, every day mainly after she's had something to eat. However this has been going on for a long while now and still no conclusion. She is quiet today too, and tired as she didn't sleep last night, who would when we've been told you're going to die? 

ATM she isn't in any pain which is good, to look at her you wouldn't think she had gallbladder cancer. This afternoon I'll let her sleep as she needs her strength to fight as much as possible. I will get her to eat a little something later, even though it just comes straight out. 

Thank you again. 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your mum has been told that her cancer has spread and that she's suffering from chronic diarrhoea. 

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that you post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to see.

You can also use your profile to chronicle your mum's diagnosis and treatment and doing this really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. If you'd like to do this, click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi,

I have just seen your post. My husband was diagnosed with gallbladder cancer last April. It had already spread to his liver and was inoperable. He didn't start getting symptoms until this summer and is now coming towards the end of his life. Even though we found out he was incurable last summer, we have managed to make the most of the time he was feeling well and appreciate every minute. It's been the hardest time of my life and as the cancer is quite rare there is little information out there about it. 

I've found giving him tiny amounts of food (little yoghurts, rice puddings etc) is good.

Sending you both my love.

B x

• Hi there B.

My mum sadly passed away at home on the 7th of Nov. She became very ill fast. On the Wednesday the Macmillan nurse came to see her. On the Thursday she stayed in bed, eating was a no go. Felt sick all the sick, anti sickness pills didn't work. She also had chronic diarrhoea. She got up once for a few hours a few days later see our Christmas tree hubby and I put up. And she had a bad turn on the Sunday, fell out of bed on the Monday morning early hours, nothing broken, we had a laugh on the Monday morning and at 12.51pm she died. She got diagnosed with her cancer on the 31st of Oct so not even 4 weeks later. We buried my mum yesterday 7th Dec. I'm so sad, I don't know what to do with myself, I've looked after her for years as my husband and I lived with her. I'm just so lost. 

I'm so sorry about your husband. I'm happy you have made memories, that's important. I'm thinking of you at the difficult time. X

• Hi

I'm so sorry. Such an awful disease. My husband is in a hospital bed now and feels queasy all of the time. He's had continuous infections and the palliative care team are throwing everything at him as our first grandchild is due on Monday and we are desperate for him to meet her.

It makes me happy to hear you were able to have a laugh with your mum right up until the end. 

I feel very sad today, knowing I don't have much longer with him but I will try and make today a happy day after reading your message.

Please take care of yourself.

B x

• Oh B.

I'm so so sorry to hear this huni. It's hard I know it's hard. I hope your husband has the strength to hold a little long so he can meet his grandchild. 

I'm here if it gets to much, come vent, or just talk. 

My mum was so poorly but the bond we had made so we could still have a little laugh. I'm thankful for that. But omg I miss her, 

You take care of yourself too. Its difficult but even 5 minutes helps.

Much love. X