painful and swelling feet and kegs

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

hi, did anyone experience painful legs, ankles and feet.

I have follicular lymphoma and have lymph nodes swollen up in my groin, neck, abdomen and around my spleen, 

starting treatment next week with a course of rituximab, I’ve recently got very achy and painful kegs, plus some swelling on feet.

is this usual ??

• Hi again Sally  sorry to hear about your challenges…. and yes these can be normal for many folks.

As these conditions progress up to and into treatment the body does react….. so aches and pains can happen…… this can also be down to how active….. or should I say inactive you are?

I would call the swelling into your team as you could be retaining water.

Rituximab is a very effective targeted therapy monoclonal antibodies drug so you should see a difference once you get started.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Sally. 
    My name is Sarah, I have stage 3 follicular lymphoma. I was diagnosed in 2022 and it was stage 3 at that time.
    I too, have recently started to have severe pain in my legs. My oncologist says she does not think it is related. I am awaiting a hip operation and they say it may be due to this, and to wait until after my operation and the healing has taken place. If it’s not long until you start your treatment you will hopefully get some relief.  
    Good luck and take care.

Sarah