Fluid in Middle ear

• 5 replies
  • 20 subscribers

hi,

I have reduced hearing due to fluid in middle ears. Also stuffed nose. A private ENT Consultant has identified a lump at the back of my nose. He has referred me to my Team with a recommendation to take a biopsy.

I am expecting it to be onfirmed as Lymphoma. Is this an unusual place for NHL to occur?

• Hi  let’s look for clear answers…… I say this as my son in law has the exact same problem but it is nothing to do with Lymphoma or any cancer…… just a lump that he is waiting to get removed.…… but this area is not uncommon for Lymphoma to present.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• the nose biopsy is inconclusive so they have taken a bone marrow and groin biopsy. During a meeting with the Team leader she mentioned if the histology has not changed from the previous condition then treatment options may be limited. IS this because I have already had an Auto SCT for this Grade and they would not repeat the process?

• Hi  sorry to hear about your concerns but I would hang your hat on the word “may”……. my first Allo (Donor) SCT failed within 6 months and as there were no other treatments available we went for a second Allo SCT in the 7 years since my second SCT a few new treatments have come out for my type of low grade NHL so in my book there is Anaya hope.

I also know a good number who have had both an Auto then an Allo SCT for a good number of types of Lymphoma including FL.

Lets see what the pathology says and how are it from there.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• I was just wondering when stem cells are harvested in preparation for a transplant, are some kept aside in case a second transplant is required in the future?

• I don’t know what the exact procedure is with an Auto (self) SCT as I have not heard of the need to ‘top up’ after an Auto……. but in an Allo (donor) SCT there are often stem cells that are help in reserve that can be used to give the new donor immune system a helping hand if the graft is not taking hold or struggling.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge