3 month after chemo and still very tired

• 2 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi. 

3 months ago I finished 6 cycles of Ritux and Bendamustine. 5 years ago I had R-CHOP. 

After 3 months I still cant shake my awful foggy brain for very long. Last Thursday my fog cleared and I had 5 whole wonderful days of clarity, then yesterday afternoon the fog came back. I now find it difficult to function again. Everything feels like hard work. My head/brain feels heavy.

I've been having these ups and downs for the last 3 months. A few good days, then back to fog. I've feel like I've  had enough now. 

Does the fog last much longer with Ritux and Bendamustine than for R-CHOP?

Tim.

• Hi Tim  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Follicular Lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable other type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma / Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

I had a completely different treatment journey (see my story at the bottom) so have had multiply treatment over my years with a few strong treatments over a short-ish period of time and I have to say that the ‘brain fog’ took longer to clear the more treatments I had……. my last treatment was Oct 2015 and I definitely was still having episodes a few years out as I have it recorded in my note books as I was still getting checked out by my team. But the more active I became the episodes did star to clear but I found them more noticeable after a busy day.

Does the fog last much longer with Ritux and Bendamustine than for R-CHOP?

I have no idea but you were 5 years older when you had the R&B.

As long as your clinical team are not concerned you just have to keep pushing through it.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike. I had my post chemo scan results yesterday which were all fine. The Oncologists listen very well to me go on about foggy brain, but there isn't anything they can do. I understand this. It'll clear up i know. It's all ups and down for now i guess. All the best mate.