Just been diagnosed

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Just last week I  was diagnosed with a tumour in my left eye & in 3 weeks time I have to have my eye removed, I am also waiting for an appointment for a body scan, I have lots of support from my husband and family, but feel so overwhelmed at times, I only noticed a vision change in my eye 3 weeks ago, so everything has happened very quickly, just wanted to say hello to anyone who has gone or is going through a similar thing. Thanks for listening 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with a tumour in your left eye and, although I don't have the same type of cancer as you, I know what a difficult time this will be for you.

Replying to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where hopefully it'll be seen by someone else who can relate to what you're going through.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I have too been diagnosed with a tumour behind my eye and will have my eye removed next week at Moorfields.   I only noticed blurred vison about a month ago .   I am now almost blind in my right eye after only a few weeks.  I have had a liver scan 8 days ago but no results, but they have not tested me for cancer elsewhere which I feel is strange as I thought that they would  do a full body scan.   One of the hardest parts  I find at the moment is telling people about my eye being removed as it feels like such a brutal act.   I hope that everything goes well for you. and wishing you lots of luck.