Adenocarcinoma of duodenum

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hello everyone,

My husband, who is seventy, and previously very fit and strong, has just competed his first cycle of CAPOX for adenocarcinoma of duodenum. This follows a tough six months of confusion as to diagnosis, and various interventions which I now understand is common in this rare disease. He had had two stents fitted after bowel obstruction. After a tricky start, he’s managed the chemo fine and now has a welcome week off.

It has been so encouraging to read of experience here so I wanted to add our own as there doesn’t seem to be many of us with experience of this particular cancer.

At this stage we are hopeful and positive and feel we have a good team around us.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

That's good to read that your husband is managing the chemo fine and hopefully that'll continue.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your husband's experiences with the group as I'm sure others will find it useful.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Rebecca, I hope that you and your husband enjoy his week off treatment, I remember how glad I was at each short break. Best wishes for a great response to chemotherapy. 

Sarah