Giving hope to those that have Duodenal Adenocarcinoma

• 8 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi, it's been some time since I ha written on here. Last December I was diagnosed with a inoperable duodenal adenocarcinoma. I was given 8 - 10 months to live without treatment 12 - 18 with chemo with possibility of surgery if the Cancer is reduced. I went on for 6 months of chemo.

Well after a CT scan that gave promising results, the metastasis had gone and the tumour site had reduced so much it was now deemed operable.

They operated on me on the 24th June. They removed my duodenum, the cancer site, that was previously disconnected and a rue-en-y bypass performed in December. Re connected my intestine and sent my Duodenum off for biopsy. 

My consultant reported that the biopsy came back showing that no cancer was present in the duodenum. So the chemo had been successful. 

The operation has knocked me for six a bit but I am at least now home recuperating.

I hope that this gives fellow cancer sufferers some hope!  

• Hi

Thanks very much for taking the time to write about your treatment and I'm really pleased that it's all going so well! I'm sure others coming here will take great heart from reading this.

It would be great if you could pop something about about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. In fact, you could copy and paste what you've typed here into your profile to save you typing it out again. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Thank you so much for sharing, sounds like you've been through so much.

My mum has just been diagnosed with duodenal adenocarcinoma with mets to the liver and most recently small volume lung mets.

She commences chemo on Monday.

Send prayers our way! And wishing you the best for your post-op recovery.

Love,

Kiki xx

• This so hard on the family and patient.  So many emotions arrise.   Sending prayers  God Bless

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Toady

It has been hard, but the chemo seems to be making my mum feel better, which the doctors say is a good sign. She has her last one tomorrow. 
    she then has to have a scan to see if the chemo has worked at all. 

how are you doing ? 

• I hope that your mum's last treatment goes well and that the scan results are positive. X

Sarah 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Salis

Thank you Sarah Heart️  reading about your journey has been really helpful to us, and given us hope. 

How are you doing? Hope you’re still going strong! Xx

• I feeling well, and am so happy to be here x

Sarah 

• Hi    So glad to hear this, do you mind if I message you ? I have a couple of questions about my own situation which is similar.

thanks

k