Duodenal lesion

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

I was diagnosed with duodenal adenocarcinoma after whipple surgery in Oct 2020 , as we know this is a very rare cancer that shows very few symptons, I only had one occasion of malena and pain in abdomen so was taken to hospital had gastroscopy and a lesion found in duodenum, within 6 weeks I'd had mri,ct,pets can and colonoscopy and then surgery

The histology was pT1 N0 M0 so no spread and no lymph node involvement out of the 35 removed,  so I needed no further treatment

The moral of this is if you suspect anything get checked out ,time really is the essence 

• Brilliant, I am glad it went well for you. 

Sarah 

• Hiya,

How are you doing?  I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the jejunum February 2022.  T2N0M0.  Just wondering if you have had recent scans?  They have offered me chemo because I am 40, but the doctors have no opinion one way or the other about it.  Looking for someone who's had surgery only at an earlier stage that might have some insight.  Since there is little info about small bowel cancer, I am at a loss of what the right decision to make is.  I'm leaning towards doing the chemo, but many have told me not to if I don't have to do it.  Just wondered what others with this illness thought.

Thanks!

Brandy