Hubby

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi I’m back…my hubby has been in remission 18 months , the past 12 months have been horrendous, he started with a bit of dry skin on his foot and within 6 weeks he almost lost his leg , after an invasive debridement his foot is now almost healed with regular hospital appointments and community nurses popping in every few days to change his dressing …so …yesterday he’s making a cup of tea , he wears these below the knee cargo trousers, and I noticed a large pea sized lump just above his ankle bone …I’m now in complete meltdown thinking ITS BACK , do I phone the hospital, he’s just gone into longer appointment dates and not due until late November , hubby is telling me not to worry and we’ll tell the consultant THEN …I want to phone immediately, …he can be quite stubborn, he’s 71 and he took his chemo and radiotherapy like a trouper …but the chemo damaged his heart by 20% , so I’m pretty certain that another round of chemo won’t be an offer of treatment …worried ..YES …over thinking ? PROBABLY