We rang the bell last week

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi everyone after a very stressful year we finally got the results of George's PET Scan and the great news is that he is in complete remission, needless to say we are over the moon, there was times when we nearly gave up but we just fought on and now we have come through the other side.  Can I express my thanks to everyone on this page for all the help and support you have given us on this journey it got me through some tough times.  I will be praying for you all as you fight cancer and hope you get a good result after your treatment, a special thanks to Mike the Highlander he is an inspiration to us all, so take care and God Bless you all

Hibbie

• This is great news  , the journey looks and feels impossible at the very start but as you see, it can be done.

The journey is in 3 parts, the first part is the diagnosis and this often takes far longer than you would like. The second part is the treatment and you get carried along on a rollercoaster of treatments, appointments and bumps on the road….. George and yourself are now entering the final third…… navigating the post treatment world.

Many of your family and friends will think that as George is now officially in remission that’s it all done and life resets back to the ‘old ways’ but recovery and rebuilding but it’s not as easy as that…… this part takes time and some effort.

You may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it highlights the post treatment milestones.

Enjoy the lovely weather (being sun safe as he is open to the effects of the sun more now) and start to make plans for all the things that have been put on hold ((hugs)) xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Great news. Welcome to the rest of your life.

• 3 months? As Mike said 3 parts to this... biggest challenge post treatment is the blues! Its very normal and if you feel lost...get help...it IS available.

Good news the post treatment blues don't last...all the best