Saying Hello

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all

Just thought I'd say hello. Just starting this journey. PET scan next week and 6 rounds of R-CHOP.

I dont know if this is common, but I feel much better now that i have a diagnosis and plan, than i did during the 6 weeks of thinking i might have the C-bomb.

Also, what a wonderful resource this is. I have read a lot of posts and learnt so much.

Love and strength to you all

Andy

• Hi Andy  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

I don’t have DLBCL but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4a so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

DLBCL is one of the more common types of high-grade lymphoma. Your type of NHL is curable unlike my type of low grade that is incurable.... so be encuraged.

R-CHOP has been successfully used for many years, it is a very effective treatment providing great results. I had R-CHOPs big brother (R-EPOCH) and I did ok with it and it did the job we wanted it to do.

Most people will say that the initial diagnosis period is very hard but once a plan is put in place the noise between the ears calms down.

You may find this link helpful Top Tips for the day of your Chemotherapy as you prepair for that first treatment.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Andy

I certainly was happier when I got to the start line.

The treatments not fun but you know there is an end point that you can start counting down to. Personally it was noticeable by cycle two that some of my symptoms  were starting to disappear. Everyone is different and it is not easy but it is doable.

Lots of info om here about what to expect and you can always ask.

Cheers Ken (Garfields)