Thinking of you all.

• 9 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi everyone. It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I’m now 22 months in remission following treatment for DLBCL. Tomorrow I am hosting a Macmillan coffee morning and will be thinking about all of you who have just been diagnosed, receiving treatment and who are post treatment like myself. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and Everything is possible with positive thoughts and support from friends, family and Macmillan who are there for all of us. Every single one of you gives me a purpose to get out there and raise funds for this amazing charity.

here’s to all you brave warriors xx

• Hi again  good to hear from you and great that you are getting on with life.

Thank you for putting on the Coffee Morning - every penny helps.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Highlander. Good to see you’re  still there for everyone. Hope you’re keeping well. 

Sj61
  • I am doing good although I did have a heart attack back in April but a couple of stents and I am back to normal Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• My god you’re one tough cookie! Never give up. 

Sj61
  • Hi

Reading your post got me counting. 26 months post treatmentSlight smile

Treatment was tedious but I'm still here and with no long term effects worth mentioning. It's just a memory now.

From knowing nothing about lymphoma I now know of so many people that have had it and responded well to treatment and have got through it. 

As Mike says great you are hosting a coffee morning

• you’re right, so many people respond well to treatment although so daunting when first diagnosed. I was not in a good place at the beginning but With good support and learning about Lymphoma made me a lot more positive. Coffee morning was my way of giving back as there was no way that I was going to run 10k or even 5k for that matter Joy

Sj61
  • Hi my hubby George is coming to the end of his treatment, he has his last round on Weds and that's it finished, the team were very pleased with his halfway scan every box ticked, so we are both anxious  as it means the end of this sometimes not in a good place journey, but reading your story gives us so much hope, we know it's a treatable form of cancer but until we hear it from the consultant it won't seem real, I'm delighted you are keeping well, so fingers crossed we come through this, keep well and don't eat too much cake at these coffee mornings

• Thanks for your message. Well done to George for getting to the end of his treatment. It will still take time, even after hearing the good news from your consultant, to sink in. For months all I did was keep feeling myself  to see if there were any changes and it took some time to slowly move on. For me getting back to work helped as I needed something else to focus on other than myself.

I guess we all have to deal with it in our own way but we can’t let negative thoughts consume us. I set myself goals so I have something to aim for. For me having these goals were important and helped me to be in a much better place. I hope George can be in that same place and enjoy each day like I do. 

Sj61
  • Once treatment is complete things move into the 3rd phase of the journey.

The post treatment world has its own challenges but you and your husband may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it highlights the post treatment milestones.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge