Completed 6 rounds R-Chop Chemo

• 7 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi all,  I have completed R Chop chemo to battle a very large mass in my stomach and retroperitoneal which was encasing the blood supply to my major organs, which was to risky to operate on.  After the chemo and waiting the six weeks for my PET scan I am more than delighted to receive the news that I am clear.  Now looking forward to getting my life and strength back on track.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Highlander, Trooper56 and others who supported me and gave good advise during a difficult time. Also to say to people going through treatment that the people on this forum are very kind and help to keep you positive. Stay strong.

Best Verity25

• Hi , I am so pleased to hear that you have completed your treatment more so since you have been given the all clear.

You have completed the first 2/3rds of the journey the final 1/3rd is the journey is the recovery and recuperation. Be kind to yourself, you have been through some much.

My Consultant told me that going through treatments like these was like doing a boxing match and a marathon every day over the months of treatments and this was done without any training. Think doing the London Marathon without any training and you had to finish it as your life depended on it……. this is the journey you have been on so it takes time to recover.

You may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it highlights the post treatment milestones.

Always around to chat but the most important thing you have to do is go and live your life.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• The highlander,  Mike you write so clearly always with knowledge and advise, I will read the paper, once again thank you for the support.

Best

Verity

• Congratulations, I heard those words back in 2010 and am now classed as cured, hopefully time will pass quickly to that time when you are told the same. Enjoy everyday and make sure you always do something each day that makes you smile.

John 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Evening Johnr,

Thank you for your message I will do things that make me smile, to be honest I am a positive person and normally a happy one. I am eager to make up for lost time but know I have to listen to my body.

So pleased that you are cured and lovely to know you are still writing on here supporting people.

Have a fun weekend.

Best 

Verity

• 'Hi Verity im so delighted for you, what great news, my husband is going through his treatment as we speak, he has had two rounds of chemo so far and thank God he has not had any side effects, I'm hoping at the end of his treatment we will get good news, I'm doing my best to keep a brave face but sometimes it's hard, but will keep positive and pray for the best, congratulations again.

• Hi again , good to hear things are going ok with your husbands treatment.

I think that in the early days we can all read the information we are given and the list of side effects tends to catch the attention but in reality many people have much less side effect then first anticipated.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Hibbie,

Thank you so much.  

Sorry to hear about your husband you are in the right place to get advise and support, I am not as informed as many on this site but what I can tell you from my experience is that the r chop treatments are aggressive but are very successful.  It obviously is a worrying time and I can remember having gone through round 2 thinking gosh the finish line is so far away but it goes by so quick and all of a sudden if like me they ask you to ring that bell at the end of the sixth treatment.  

Get as much help and information on this site as needed, and stay positive it really does help.

All best wishes for you and your husband.

Verity