DLBCL

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi I'm new to this group, my 68 yr old hubby was diagnosed two weeks ago, it came as quite a shock to both of us,  the consultant told us it was contained in his spleen and all other major organs seem to be clear, his home marrow sample was clear and no swollen lymph nodes at all, but the next day we got a call from the consultant to say one scan showed one of his eyes looked a bit swollen, so today he had an eye and spine scan, I only hope it's not gone to his central nervous system, I'm really stressed, I can't seem to sit still while also trying to act normal, hubby says he is ok but typical man he is keeping his feelings to himself in case he upsets me, saying this we are both determined to meet this head on, he is still waiting on a date for his treatment to start, so fingers crossed this scan comes back normal, thank you for listening to me and hope to chat soon

Regards

Hibbie

• Hi again Linda  and well done navigating across to the group.

You will see from my profile that my type of NHL is totally different so my journey is rather different. Although there are similarities with some of the treatments used.

Has his consultant said the bane of the treatment he is going to have?

I will always highlight the Lymphoma Action website. Lymphoma Action is a small but very active UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos, webinars….

They also run regular Regional Lymphoma Online Support Groups for both patients and Carers and a great Lymphoma Action Buddy Service where people can be linked up with someone who has walked the same treatment journey.

Always around to chat and answer questions as best as so can ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge