Beard growing back between treatment

• 4 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi my boyfriend is experiencing beard growth after his 5th RCHOP he still has another treatment next week finishing his 6th round. Has anyone experienced this? Should we be concerned? He’s 31 and so far the pain from the mass in his hip has disappeared.

• Hi and welcome, I don’t think it is something to worry about.... our bodies including our hair will react in various ways and speeds. His body most likely has got over the initial shock of the treatment and is finding some life again.

I had a different type of NHL with a different treatment but my hair was showing ‘fuzz’ before my last treatment.

The important thing is his pain has gone - good news indeed.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Jguelich

My beard etc started to come back after cycle four

That was last June and have had one proper hair cut in November, Really needing one now though Grinning

• ...... don’t we all Joy

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Jguelich

My hair and eyebrows started growing back around the 5th cycle too.  I felt well (relatively), completed my RCHOP had m PET scan all good now in metabolic remission - feeling stronger every day - hoping for the same outcome for your boyfriend.

Best wishes 

Irene

PS - why have I never considered beard growth.... the weirdest thing for me was no nose or ear hair....