Diagnosed with CLL

• 3 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with CLL a couple of weeks ago. I was quite surprised because I didn’t and still don’t have any symptoms. It was detected in a routine blood test. I am 49 years old with a youngish family. First week was a bit tough, but I am feeling a lot happier now as I have come to terms with it. I’m on a watch and wait until my next blood test. Planing on staying positive as this will help my wellbeing.

Wishing you all the best.

1. Hi I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago after noticing a lump in my neck i was on watch n wait too didn't quite understand what that was tbf if you need any reassuring heres the place
  • Hi,welcome to this safe place.

My name is Alison and ime 51 in may,i was diagnosed about 3yrs ago and remain on watch and wait. Its good to hear your posative, i dont have children but i have 2 beautiful dogs who motivate me,ime lucky as i live on the north yorkshire moors line.. i mtb and dog walk very regular to get me out and keep me going. Ive got 1 raised lymph node and my markers have progressivly rose over the last yeabut to be honest i still dont understant the blood level marker jargon,if i can walk my dogs,ride my bike,keep posative ime happy. You will always recieve support from this organisation,  take care,if you need anything ime here.  

bye for now

Ali 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade NHL eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

I was on Active Monitoring (Watch and Wait) for over 14 years before I needed full on treatments.

CLL is actually often seen in the same light as some low grade Non Hodgkin’s Lymphomas. You may want to check out the Lymphoma Action website. Lymphoma Action is the only UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos etc.

They run regular Support Platforms both for patients with a few groups specifically for Family and Carers...... I highly recommend these groups as there is nothing better than talking with other who have walked the journey.

They also have a great Lymphoma Action Buddy Service where people can be linked up with someone who has walked the same treatment journey. They also have a Lymphoma helpline on 0808 808 5555 where Sharon or Nic will be on hand to give you some support - open every week day from 10 till 3.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge