Other cancer treatment and side effects

• 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi I've just finished 6 weeks of EMDA mitomycin for my bladder cancer and I really feel like death warmed up despite my urology team telling me that the treatment hasn't got same side effects as intravenous chemo. Right now I feel like my body is made out of sand bags. I get so tired and feel so week and sick. It's like my life force is being sucked. Can't sleep at night and sweat like a piglet too. Feel like everything taste like it's gone off and no one tells me if one cancer can affect treatment for the other. So fed up with this.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups. I am also sorry to hear about your Bladder Cancer journey........ this is a stressful and challenging time for you.

I don’t have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) (I noticed your diagnosis from your other posts) but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Being on Active Monitoring (Watch and Wait) is hard enough but going through treatment for your Bladder Cancer just make this doubly difficult resulting in double challenges.

As for your question...... "no one tells me if one cancer can affect treatment for the other"...... this is something I would be taking up directly with your Hematologist or SCN. The treatment you are receiving for your Bladder Cancer will be reducing your immune system's ability to function and my logical mind says that this could inadvertently allow your CLL to progress........

I can understand why you feel fed up with it all.

Always around to help more or just to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks. I'm having tests done at my surgery tomorrow to eliminate uti, shingles or cmv. I'm thinking the latter as I don't have the shingles rash at the moment. I've also emailed both my clinical team to get some answers.

• Keep the communication lines open and don’t let’s things go quiet, keep them on their toes.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge