I am a refractory CLL patient starting low level Venetoclax this week - any patients (rather than experts) been in a similar position in the last 12 months?

• 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

I haven't seen a recent similar question.

What is the typical support, for:

low platelets?

low neutrophils?

bulging lymphocytes?

skin rashes?

I will start on a low dose which will gradually increase.

Thanks for practical help from patients.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

I'm not in a similar position to you, as I had a different type of cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

On typing 'refractory' into the search bar in this group I found these posts from others who mentioned having this type of CLL. You could have a read through them, although the most recent is over 3 years old I'm afraid. 

I then tried 'venetoclax' and found these posts which are 2 years old or newer, so these people might still be on the community if you wanted to reply to any of the posts to ask any further questions.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Just seen your post and let’s look for some of the group members to come along.

Although I have a different type of blood cancer the problems you are highlighting are par for the course on the various treatments that are used.

You may also want to check out Lymphoma Action a small UK Lymphoma Charity (that also covers CLL)

LA have lots of information and run regular online Lymphoma Zoom support groups and indeed a great Lymphoma Buddy Service.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge