Mindfulness recommendations

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hello all! 

My name is Paul and I am recently diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia.  I am coping well with the initial treatment and am grateful to have few symptoms of the disease and no side-effects from the medication.  However, I have other stresses including unemployment, having been made redundant in September and issues around isolation as I am shielding.  A friend has suggested that I look for an online mindfulness group that I might join.  Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?  I have a mindfulness app but wondered if there was anything on Zoom/Teams that people have experience of?

Thanks!

• Hi Paul  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various blood cancer groups.

I don’t have CML but was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of NHL Stage 4a so although my blood cancer ‘type’ is different I know this journey well.

As to your questions about Mindfulness Groups.......

You may want to call the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too. This service provides cancer information, practical information or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply. Talking to people face to face can help a lot but during these strange times it’s not that available but do check to see if any Local Macmillan Support in your area has opened up.

I actually found our local Maggie's Centre very helpful and indeed ran Mindfulness Groups and some of these have been available On Line I believe.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge