6 week with CML

• 2 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hi

already been on imatihib for 8 days and been told to come off it x I had water retention and my white bloods cells gone way to low x feeling low and wonder if this has happened to any one else x not on any treatment at moment x

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike  and I help out around our various blood cancer groups.

I don’t have CML but was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of NHL Stage 4a and although my blood cancer ‘type’ is different I know this journey rather well.

This group has been slow over the past month but look for some of the group members to pick up on your post. You can also look through the various posts (hit the main group name and scroll down) and as always you can hit reply and ask some questions and see if the member is looking in.

You can also do a site search Mag using the word imatihib and see the older posts.

Although my treatment was very different I did often have problems with low white blood counts. How are you feeling? When my WBC went very low I had to have blood transfusions.

Always around to help more or just to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, I am have been on Imatinib for about the same time. Have been warned about water retention but was told that if it occurred I would go onto another inhibitor. Out of interest did they put you on anything when first diagnosed?