Hello!

• 5 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Hi there, 

Diagnosed with CML 3 weeks ago and been on Imatinib for 2 weeks.

Initially no side effects but now started with quite bad knee pain. 

Just wondered if anyone who has experienced the same can give me some hope that the pain won't last. 

Thanks in advance. X

• Hi @ and welcome to this corner of the community. I am Mike and I help out around our blood cancer groups. I don’t have CML but let’s look for some members to look in and help you out.

Great that you are doing ok on the Imatinib, like many blood cancer treatments joint pain can be an unfortunate ‘gift’ but let’s see it come ok sooner than later. As always do talk to your clinical professionals and get their take on it.

You can use the site search Mag tool near the top of the page and search for old posts about Imatinib and as always you can hit reply and ask questions in the hope that the members is still using the site.

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi @Cornish70 I was diagnosed almost a year ago and have struggled to tolerate imatinib though it’s working - obliterating white cells nicely. I discussed the side effects with my consultant and we agreed I would reduce the dose and build up to full dose again - I’m still on 200mg so only half way there but as I said it is working.

I hope joint pain subsides! It’s a ‘good’ treatment if you can tolerate it!

all the very best

victoria

• Hi Victoria
    Thank you for your reply.
    I'm so glad to hear that you're doing ok on the reduced treatment. I've been on Imatinib for 4 weeks now and apart from joint pain I haven't really had any other side effects.
    I had my hospital check this morning and drugs have worked well. 
    Very best wishes to you. 
    Nicola. X

• Ah Nicola that’s great news! I hope the joint pain subsides very quickly!

all the very best

victoria