Check You Are On The Shielding List

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hi all.

When Coronavirus first arose, I asked my consultant why I wasn't asked to shield. They said CML patients weren't considered a high risk. I am not sure if that was incorrect, or opinion has changed now, however all blood cancer patients should now be on that list.

See https://bloodcancer.org.uk/support-for-you/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-vaccine-blood-cancer/how-to-get-vaccine/

It seems that even though the government guidance had changed, I wasn't automatically added to the list. I spoke with my GP who agreed I should be added. They added me, then a few weeks later I was given my vaccine appointment. 

Hopefully I just fell through the cracks, but if you haven't been asked to shield, then please speak with your GP. You ARE at high risk and you ARE entitled to the vaccine before the General population. 

• Sound advice , some people have indeed fallen through the cracks in the system so it’s good you are highlighting this in the group.

I had my AZ Oxford last Wednesday and did have some side effects like a morning after bottle of wine headache and the aches and pains from a busy day in the garden.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge