Change of treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 3 subscribers

After almost a year on Imatinib and having side effects of really dry eyes which I was prescribed drops for, hair thinning to the point where I sometimes wear a wig and the usual days when you feel more tired than others. I was told the Imatinib was no longer working. 

After loads of blood tests, to check if there had been any mutations, which thankfully there wasn't. I've now been put on Dasatinib 100mg, two weeks into taking it, I seem to tire much quicker than I did on Imatinib and the tops of my arms feel as though I constantly have goosebumps. I'm hoping this will wear of in time and no further side effects develop.

Anyone else on Dasatinib?

• Hi again Orkney, just seen your post but as my journey was rather different I don't have any experience of this drug but good that your bloods are showing positive progress.

Lets look for someone on this drug to get back you you.

All the very best.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Orkeney I noticed the same on Dasatinib 100mg.  It is a good TKI fatigue is a general side effect on all TKI, however side effect may improve with time.  After few month or a year from taking Dasatinib you can see your progress of Dasatinib and maybe you can lower dose after a year or two. This is my experience with Dasatinib  side effects improved with time and got much better normal life on half dose.  I had to change after 8 years of taking it due to a recommendation from my consultant now  on different TKI Asciminib.