Facing CML second time round.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Hi folks. Hope you’re all good. I was diagnosed with CML in 2004 at age of 35 and the Glivec didn’t agree with me so one year later I had a bone marrow transplant which I thought had worked. 15 years later the CML is back and I’m due to start Dasatinub followed by donor lymphocyte infusion(eventually)

• Hi and welcome to this corner of the Community. I am Mike and I am dropping in past from our dedicated Stem Cell Transplant Forum.

The SCT group have had a number of folks from a CML background over the year’s so worth checking into this group as well.

15 years post Transplant - this is amazing but as we all know there are no certainties moving on from Transplant.

As you are saying you are looking to have a DLI you must have went through a donor transplant.

I have a different blood cancer - hit my forum name to see my story - but you will see that I had two donor Stem Cell Transplants with cells from my brother. The first failed very quickly but I am just over 4 years post Allo SCT number 2.

Lets look for someone to pick up on your post and do post in the SCT group.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hello there and thank you for your message.

i was led to believe I was cured :-(

Still waiting on the the Beatson to find out status of my donor. Am very reluctant to take TKIs but I know I must.

Sorry to hear your first one failed immediately especially if the procedure was horrendous like mine.

Nice to chat with you :-)

Hugs to you too x 

• If you hit you will see my story that does show I had both Allo’s in The Beatson.

I am sure the amazing team will find a way forward - keep in touch.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge