Please advise

• 6 replies
  • 2 subscribers

My beautiful son as just had a biopsy on his neck

Testing for lymphoma but after biopsy the E N T consultant said to me that he thought and his going down the route as a invention due to inflammation and fluid . And my beautiful son was kept in hospital for inta antibiotics….

is this a posistive sign that my beautiful son was given antibiotics … 

when we was discharged on Saturday said see us in clinic in 2 to 3 weeks 

with all the results from culture and other biopsy departments 

we won t rest till we get all results 

the lump was large and hard but now feel soft and rubbery ….

I hope and pray for us and all of you .

if there thought it was lymphoma after biopsy would consultant of told me he just said infection mThanks in advance xxx x

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining and sorry to hear about the tests that your son is going through. This is such a waring time for you all.

I am Mike and I help out around our blood cancer groups and that includes our Lymphoma groups.

Biopsy is the main tool that is used to diagnose Lymphoma so if the pathology is not showing Lymphoma that is great. Moving onto antibiotics is a logical step and lets see what is said at his next appotiment.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou so much for your reply

no results from any of the biopsy

But showed on ultrasound lots of inflammation and fluid hence why my beautiful son was given antibiotics the consultant said that’s route going down but I do understand got to wait for all results to be sure the biopsy before we left was at culture having test for infection so could be infection 

we are staying posistive but surly if it was suspected lymphoma would Cinsultan have said something only said infection 

the justification of biopsy at start was lymphoma … 

Thankyou x 

• I would take encouragement from the fact that the consultant was proactive and went ahead with a biopsy, many would leave it and let the antibiotics do their thing and take it from there resulting n an even longer excruciating wait.

Blood cancers like Lymphoma are at times very hard to diagnose so doing a biopsy is the only way to rule this out or if he unfortunately is found to have a type of Lymphoma a plan can be put in place to deal with this quickly

Amongst all the many different types of cancers, lymphoma is the 5th common types of cancer in the UK. The research and developments over the 22 years I have lived and been treated for my type of Lymphoma is amazing making many of the 60 types of Lymphoma to become very very treatable.

The important thing to focus on at the moment is that until told differently - your son does not have Lymphoma ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou for you help and time we really appreciate your kindness  hugs to you too x

The lump is not as big and swelling gone down . 
    just don’t understand why a biopsy had to be done but in respect yes you are right 

Thankyou x

• Hi … got letter appointment for 29 October … wow

hope this is a good sign 

for results … x

• That is good news and let’s look for some progress to be made at the appointment ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge